26 November 2018 |
My Blog Category |
Pasta with Asparagus and Salmon
Ben Thomson and Nicole Major recently spent some time in Europe, enjoying the culinary delights and viticultural scene. This elegant pasta dish makes the most of fresh summer ingredients and is quick to prepare – perfect for mid-week last minute madness!
225g fresh asparagus, cut into 2cm pieces on the diagonal
1 tablespoon butter
½ tablespoon minced shallots
1 cup heavy cream
4 ounces smoked salmon fillet, cut into slivers
Freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Steam the asparagus for about three minutes until they are just tender and still bright green. Rinse under cold water, drain well on paper towels and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. While the water is coming to a boil, melt the butter in a large heavy skillet. Add the shallots and sauté until soft but not brown. Stir in the cream and simmer for five minutes or until the cream has thickened.
- Add salmon to the cream and remove the skillet from the heat. Season with pepper and lemon juice. Add the asparagus.
- When the pot of water is boiling, add the pasta, stir it once or twice, then cook until al denté. Drain well.
- Transfer the pasta to a warm serving bowl, pour the sauce over it and toss to combine. Sprinkle with dill and serve.
Pairs perfectly with our Great Western Riesling. Buon appetito!
Image Credit: taste.com.au